Noon on Friday, November 11th is the deadline to be on next week’s Around Town list. You must receive the event in writing with a contact phone number for questions. Due to the high number of submissions, the event may only run once in print and will be edited and displayed the week prior to the event date.
Email: email@example.comEmail: O’Fallon Progress Around Town, Belleville News-Democrat, PO Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427. For questions, please call Jennifer Greene at 618-239-2643.
Thursday, November 10th
▪ Marine Corps Birthday Celebration — 6pm VFW Post 805, 221 W. First St., O’Fallon. 6pm Cash Bar and Appetizers 6:30pm Dinner, 7:15pm Ceremony High One of the lights is Bob Schultz’s 100th birthday celebration. All adults who follow the 74th Marine Detachment’s philosophy of helping veterans and those in need are invited. casual dress. There is no charge, but RSVP is required. firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, November 11th
▪ O’Fallon Veterans Memorial Veterans Day Event — 11:00 AM First Baptist Church, 111 E. Hwy 50, O’Fallon. The City of O’Fallon hosts a Veterans Day event. The guest speaker is his Major General Vincent Barker, Chief of Staff for USTRANSCOM. With participation from Robert C. Cummings, Col. (ret.), USAF. OTHS AFJROTC; and Miss O’Fallon Natalie Hale, in addition to others. Newly registered veteran names will be introduced at this time. Pre-service music begins at 10:45 am. Veterans are encouraged to wear medals and ornaments on that day.
▪ Annual Veterans Day Parade — 2pm O’Fallon. The parade begins at the corner of South Hillgard and East Third Street, continues west on Third Street, north on Lincoln Avenue, west on First Street, and ends at his VFW Post 805 at 221 West First Street. facebook.com/events/703925640693102
▪ O’Fallon Fish Fries — 11am-1pm and 4-7pm Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 EUS 50, O’Fallon. Traditional menu of cod, tilapia, catfish, burgers, hot dogs, pork steaks and some side dishes. Eat-in and carry-out. Credit card accepted. Call 618-632-6229 to place your order. facebook.com/KnightsOfColumbus4239
▪ Shiloh Eagles Fish Fries — 5-7 pm Shiloh Eagles 545, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Cod, walleye, catfish, shrimp and sides. Full menu. You can eat in or take out. For takeout, call 618-624-5412. facebook.com/shiloheagles545
▪ Sheldon Folk Series: Flor de Toloache — 8pm The Sheldon, 3648 Washington Blvd., St. Louis. Breaking boundaries with edgy, versatile and fresh interpretations of traditional Latin American music. Their diverse ethnicities and musical backgrounds blaze new trails across cultures and genders. thesheldon.org
Saturday, November 12th
▪ Rumese Sale — 7am to 12pm. Township Building, 801 E. State. St., O’Fallon. In addition to men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, household goods are also available.
▪ Illinois Trekkers Honor Veterans Walk — 9-11am (registration). June Patio + Breakfast, 430 S. Main Street, Shiloh. Please park at Corpus Christi Catholic Church, 205 Rasp St., Shiloh. Available distances: 5K, 10K, 20K. During the walk you will see the new Freedom His Rock created by artist Ray Sorenson II. Freedom Rock has unique murals highlighting the region’s military history as a way to thank those who have served their country. You’ll also walk to the 9/11 Memorial at Shiloh Community Park, which represents police, firefighters, first responders, and military personnel. You can also walk through Engleman Farm, which was created as a county park with paved boardwalks. George Engelman grew plants on his farm at the Missouri Botanical Garden. You can walk through the Main Street Cemetery with graves dating back to 1814. Also, keep an eye out for the 145-foot tall “Peppermint” Water Tower, built in 1978. Cost: $3. 618-560-0420 or illinois-trekkers.org.
▪ Senior Swing Timer Dance — 7:30pm – 10:30pm American Legion Post 137, 109 N. Penn St., O’Fallon. Music by Dr. Dee. Fees: $10 for members, $12 for non-members. 618-277-4540.
Wednesday, November 16th
▪ O’Fallon Sunrise Rotary Meeting — 6:45 am O’Fallon Township Building, 801 E. State St., O’Fallon. 618-210-8156 or ofallonsunriserotary.org.
▪ Road Review Course Rules — 1:30 p.m. O’Fallon Township Building, 801 E. State St, O’Fallon. This free course is designed to give drivers, especially seniors and people with disabilities, the knowledge and confidence they need to renew or obtain their driver’s license. This course is a combination of driving test instructions and a practice written test. 618-632-3517.
Thursday, November 17th
▪ Senior Dinner — 5:30 pm 801 E. State St., O’Fallon. dinner and entertainment. Residents of O’Fallon Township only. The cost is $30. Registration deadline is Thursday, November 10th. Organized by O’Fallon Township Senior Committee.
Events in other areas
▪ 9th Annual Community Thanksgiving — Thursday, November 24, 11:00 am to 1:30 pm. Faith Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 520 E. Highway 50, O’Fallon. For eat-in service, please arrive during business hours. Free for all residents of Shiloh, O’Fallon, Scott AFB and surrounding areas. Citizen Sponsored for O’Fallon Community Thanksgiving Meal. 618-235-1588 or email@example.com.
▪ Nomination Petitions Available for Consolidated Elections April 4, 2023 — Nomination petitions are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours for those interested in running for office on the General Board of Trustees. Available at the Silo Municipal Building from 7am to 3pm. He will be elected to a four-year term in the consolidated elections on Tuesday, April 4, 2023. Applications will begin at 7:00 am on Monday, December 12th and will end at 5:00 pm on Monday, December 19th at Shiloh Municipal Building, 1 Park Drive, Shiloh, IL 62269.
This story was originally published November 5, 2022 at 2:43 am.
https://www.bnd.com/news/local/community/ofallon-progress/article267938012.html O’Fallon Events in St. Clair County near St. Louis, Illinois