Even if you are not a native speaker, having your resume in English would come in handy. Some companies have English-speaking CEOs or they are interested in foreign pros to fulfil their team with highly skilled specialists. So, maybe, you are a pro like this? To get a job you dreamt of, you need just a few efforts to be done. And the first step is writing your resume in English correctly.
What would you need to do this? There are several ways on how to get your resume in English.
- Finding a native speaker to translate your resume into English. Yet, it could be a die-hard task.
- Hiring a professional interpreter to do the job. It could be costly, right?
- Trying to do all the things yourself. The last option we’ll concentrate on in detail.
Writing the Resume in English. What Structure to Use?
Despite today, there are fewer restrictions and rules for writing a resume, if you apply for a job at an English company, it is better to adhere to the classical structure of resume/CV. What it consists of?
- Your personal information. Here you should list your personal data including full name, age, birth date, gender, address and so on.
- The job objective is your goal or the vacancy you want to get.
- Education block. Here you should mention all the stages of your education from high school to a university degree (if you have one) and additional studies (courses, trainings etc).
- Your skills should be listed then. You can either list all your skills and functions or make a shortlist of your past working experiences. Or just all of that.
- Extracurricular Activities are also important. That block consists of the info about your hobbies, soft skills and additional information you think would be necessary to mention.
- In that block, recommendations from your past employers, coaches or educational institutions can be listed.
In brief, the structure of your resume in English should follow that list. Besides, you can add to it some specific info. For example, if you apply for a freelance job, you can also mention projects you were involved in or you developed. For fashion and fine art professions, it could be necessary to list contests and expos you were participating in.
As for the design of the resume, it could be rather diverse. Even more. To attract attention, it should be diverse. And this is also not a big deal as you can use the https://cv2you.com/ website for an exclusive design of your resume.
Language Peculiarities of the Resume in English
Do not forget about the specific of English language not to make awkward mistakes in your resume.
- Writing your full name you should write the first name and then your surname.
- Listing your contacts, for the physical address, the structure of it should be the following: apartment/house number, street, city, area and then the country/state name.
- When you write your resume in English, be sure you use British English for applying to GB companies or American English for applying to US companies. There are several differences among them.
- Do not use slang words in your resume. The only exception is the IT and entertainment industries where these terms could be to the point.
Keep all these tips in mind and be sure that you’ll create the most outstanding resume in English ever.