Four people were killed and two wounded in a shooting in Chicago on Monday.
- A man was found shot dead in his car early Monday morning in Woodlawn, South Side. The 43-year-old man was found with a gunshot wound to his head at his 1500 East 62nd Street around 12:50 a.m., according to Chicago police. He was confirmed dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
- An hour later, a man was found shot dead after crashing his car into a tree in Chicago Lawn on the South Side. The 53-year-old man was found with a gunshot wound to his chest at about 1:45 a.m. in his 6800 block on his South West His Avenue. He was taken to Holy Cross Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. His name has not been released.
- A man was killed in a vehicle shooting at Pullman on the South Side Monday morning. Gerald Thompson, 25, was walking toward his car at 10700 South Bensley Avenue around 5 a.m. when someone in a blue Mercedes opened fire, police and Cook County said. coroner’s office said. He was shot in his abdomen and taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
- A clerk was shot dead during an attempted robbery in Westridge on Monday night. According to police, 66-year-old Salim Kamo was working behind the counter at a grocery and liquor store at 6300 North West Avenue when he was approached by a gunman who demanded money from the register. rice field. He refused to comply and was shot in the chest, officials said. He was taken to St. Francis Hospital in Evanston, where he was pronounced dead, police said.
- A man was shot in front of his West Inglewood home early Monday morning. Shortly after midnight, someone opened fire on a 22-year-old man as he stood at his 6400 block front door on South Winchester Avenue, police said. He was shot in his abdomen and taken to Christ His Medical Center in Oak Lawn in critical condition.
- Hours later, a man was injured in a shooting in North Lawndale. Police said the 37-year-old man approached the suspect who opened fire around 3 a.m. on South Abers Avenue as he stood on the sidewalk on Block 1900. He was hit in the leg and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was in critical condition.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2022/10/18/23410473/four-people-killed-two-others-wounded-in-shootings-in-chicago-monday Four dead, two wounded in shooting in Chicago on Monday