Has been updated:
ROCKFORD, IL (WTVO) — For some, it’s healing and peace. For others, it’s maddening and unfair. For most people, golf is a little bit of both, but every day is different.
But we all agree that good weather is key to a great round of golf. With summer approaching and the days getting longer, now is the perfect time to hit the rink.
But before you set your tee time, check out the top 10 golf courses in the Rockford area, according to Yelp.
- Aldeen Golf Club, 1902 Reed Farm Road, RockfordRanked as one of: Top class golf courses in the country under $50, Aldeen has a national reputation for quality courses. With 12 of the 18 holes having water hazards and 62 sand bunkers, the judges noted the challenges of the course. “The front nine would be aquaphobic if it used to be. The back nine is off to a blistering start and the front is a reminder that playing on the flank was no accident,” wrote Crtivergolfer B. I’m here.
- Prairieview Golf Club, 7993 N River Rd Byron: Golfers love this course, but where Prairie View really stands out to reviewers is its natural beauty. Paul O wrote “Beautiful course. Well maintained and very picturesque”. Praryview is owned and operated by Byrons Forest Reserve, which has decided to “create the best golf course possible with as little change to the landscape as possible.”
- Timber Point Golf Club, 5750 Woodstock Road Poplar Grove: Golfers love Timber Point’s manicured courses, noting the manicured tee boxes and great bunkers. Timber Point includes a driving range with grass tees, instructional tees with precise distance markers, a large putting green, separate chipping and putting greens, two practice bunkers and 4 yards measured at equal distances. There are also extensive practice facilities, including two target greens. our par 3 hole.
- Swan Hills Golf Course2600 Gustafson Rd Belvidere: The most budget-friendly course on the list, Swan Hills offers special rates every day. It’s a great deal on Mondays at $29 for 18 holes with a cart. Reviewers also enjoy the generosity of this course. “This is a huge confidence booster,” writes Mitch J. And the better you play golf, the more fun you will have. “
- Redburn Golf Course, 12379 Wagon Wheel Road, Lockton: The 9-hole course, Red Barn, is filled with par 3s and is a great spot for beginners. “The course was well maintained and the greens were excellent,” wrote the LPL. “The white tees were par 28s, but we also had blue tees that were par 33s. It looks like a great course for all ages.” There was also a driving range. It was a fun course to play. “
https://www.mystateline.com/news/local-news/the-best-golf-courses-near-rockford-according-to-yelp/ Best golf courses near Rockford, according to Yelp