eLearning is something that has taken the world by storm.
With the new advancements in the field of technology, education has advanced. Online modes of teaching and distance learning are more enhanced than ever. With this, eLearning has come to a space where more expectations to meet and more compliance regulations to keep in mind.
Continuing education (CE) is a field that people are taking up because you can never stop learning. Especially with better skills, you have a better chance in the job market. Thus, online, e-learning, and distance learning are the future things.
With a more significant proportion of eLearning being carried out by people who are set to build their careers, there are unique challenges that the industry faces. It is being highly used in both the private and public sectors in professional training, and there are just too many demands.
When all demands have to be met, mandatory for success, and everything has to be constituted within an LMS platform, you can never go wrong with these must-have features.
5 Features to look out for
This list of core features should become your checklist as a CE provider if you are looking to meet all demands.
- Certificates: Different federal and state bodies have different requirements for certifications. Suppose these certificates issued from the CE courses are customizable in terms of course number, accreditation number, etc., and specific images or logos. In that case, it becomes easier to display to authorities.
- Automated transmission of CE credits: Governing bodies have many requirements for verifying certifications. Thus, a computerized process of transferring credits of completed CE courses to the governing body is another essential feature. This makes the lives of all parties involved much more accessible.
- Intuitive interface: User interfaces are always a tricky thing. If it is too hard, it is always a loss on your product and the ones using it. Students or people participating in your course platform might have an obvious idea of what course they are enrolling in and what they would be studying. But there is no guarantee on how tech-savvy they might or might not be. It is essential that the platform has an intuitive interface and is user-friendly, no matter the person’s knowledge of technology.
- Course management and content: Streamlining your courses’ management system would help you out and keep out the chaos. The LMS platform that you choose should also be able to help you out with creating engaging and graphically pleasing content. PDFs, photos, videos, etc., are a large part of how you will forward most of your knowledge to your students on an LMS platform. All these materials’ ease of use and organization should also be a priority for you in your platform. One of the most basic features you think would be in LMS platforms is the course creation and scheduling module. But many LMS systems don’t have it, and you will have to do some extra work and create your material on other platforms and export it to your LMS platform. Thus, finding an LMS platform that includes this feature would help you.
- Course locking: Sometimes, students have other things to do and aren’t able to complete courses. Course locking as a feature prevents students from leaving any course incomplete. If there is a long period of inactivity detected, the course is locked to ensure that the student comes back to it and is continuously engaged with it. This feature is essential for LMS platforms to be optimum for learner engagement.
The above must-have features will provide you with an excellent continuing training program when provided in an LMS. If you feel confused about what LMS to opt for, Thinkific Reviews can help you guide through clearing your mind and decide if this is the right one for you.