Sunnyvale, CA-(Business wire)-YugabyteThe leader of open source distributed SQL databases today, YugabyteDB 2.4 It features enhanced enterprise-grade security features, enhanced multi-region deployment capabilities, and improved performance. The latest version of Yugabyte’s open source database improves Yugabyte DB’s existing high availability, horizontal scalability, and ease of use characteristics, providing a default distributed SQL database for cloud-native applications in the multi-cloud world. Promote your mission. ..
When enterprises deploy applications to multiple geographic regions and clouds, they can struggle to provide the efficiency and scalability needed to meet the demands of global users while complying with local data regulations (such as the GDPR). Often. The release of YugabyteDB 2.4 stabilizes the features included in the YugabyteDB 2.3 development release. With this latest release, organizations can distribute data across geographic regions with low latency and high performance. Combining these new multi-region capabilities with key security features such as Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) integration, audit logging, code auditing and penetration testing, the most secure open source distributed SQL for cloud natives and multi-regions. The position of Yugabyte DB as a database will be strengthened. Deployment with the most complete set of PostgreSQL compatibility features.
“Yugabyte is building a distributed SQL database for the cloud-native world,” said Karthik Ranganathan, CTO of Yugabyte. “The release of Yugabyte DB 2.4 accelerates our mission to provide optimal distributed databases for multi-cloud environments. Customers with a combination of key software extensions and enterprise-grade security features available in 2.4. Can unleash the maximum value from your data in a production-grade environment and provide the comprehensive database solution you need to maximize your cloud investment. ”
The main features of the Yugabyte DB2.4 release are:
- Extensibility and restoring GraphQL app with Hasura: YugabyteDB will now be able to support applications built on Hasura GraphQL Engine, ensuring resilience to failures and scalability to millions of live subscriptions. read more About the results obtained by running a benchmark on a Kubernetes cluster using Hasura GraphQL Engine and Yugabyte DB.
- Apache Spark 3 integration It was done via authentication of the Yugabyte Spark connector using Apache Spark 3. Apache Spark has become the de facto standard framework for distributed scale-out data processing. With this release, you can use the latest features of Apache Spark 3 with the Yugabyte YCQL API. As part of this integration, the Yugabyte YCQL driver has been certified with the latest version of Apache Cassandra 4.6.n..
- Simplified cluster management: This release includes some useful extensions such as pg_stat_statements, uuid-ossp and pgcrypto. All of these are pre-installed and loaded in YugabyteDB by default.In addition, inside Yugabyte PlatformA management platform for building private DBaaS, new alerts and monitoring features have been added through the Live Query dashboard. This gives administrators insight into database performance.
- Enterprise-grade security features: The YSQL API can now be configured to authenticate users using LDAP as a password validation method. LDAP allows users to use a single password to connect to multiple services, such as connecting to a database or querying a database. Yugabyte 2.4 also introduces audit log support in YCQL and YSQL, allowing administrators to track data access-related activity and quickly analyze the extent of potential data breaches. .. Yugabyte has completed security and penetration testing audits to further verify that Yugabyte DB can be safely deployed in production environments, especially in industries with the strongest security requirements.
- Encryption of data at rest with Thales Vormetric Yugabyte has become a certified partner of Thales Vormetric, bringing enterprise-grade encryption to Yugabyte. YugabyteDB can interoperate with Thales Vormetric Transparent Encryption (VTE) to protect sensitive data and protect against the risks posed by malicious hackers and database administrators with privileged data access. YugabyteDB supports encrypted backups to ensure the security and security of sensitive data.
- VMware Tanzu support Added to the Yugabyte platform as one of the cloud provider configurations. VMware Tanzu allows you to build, run, and manage Kubernetes-based containerized applications. The Yugabyte Platform is officially certified and is now available on the VMware Marketplace. This configuration works with Tanzo Kubernetes Grid, Tanzo Kubernetes Grid Integrated and is about to be certified with Tanzo Kubernetes Grid Multi-Cloud.
The features of YugabyteDB 2.4 are available under Yugabyte’s fully open source Apache 2.0 license. In July 2019, Yugabyte announced its commitment to 100% open source. Since then, YugabyteDB’s footprint has continued to grow rapidly, with community members deploying +575,000 clusters to date. The project currently has more than 170 contributors, more than 2,500 community Slack members, and more than 300 certifications in the last 90 days.
For more information on the Yugabyte DB community and how to join, please see below. https://www.yugabyte.com/community/
For more information on the YugabyteDB 2.4 release, Read the 2.4 blog post..
Yugabyte is the company behind Yugabyte DB, an open source, high-performance distributed SQL database for building global Internet-scale applications. YugabyteDB serves business-critical applications with SQL query flexibility, high performance, and cloud-native agility, allowing enterprises to focus on growing their business rather than managing complex data infrastructure. It is trusted by companies in areas such as cybersecurity, financial markets, IoT, retail and e-commerce. Founded in 2016 by former Facebook and Oracle engineers, Yugabyte is backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, 8VC and Wipro Ventures. www.yugabyte.com
YugabyteDB 2.4 extends distributed SQL capabilities to support more cloud-native workloads
Source link YugabyteDB 2.4 extends distributed SQL capabilities to support more cloud-native workloads