Chicago — — Early Friday morning, Chicago Police Department issued a community warning throughout the city after 13 robbers were believed to have been carried out by the same group in the city.
Police said the next robbery had occurred on Friday morning.
- 5300 Block, South Blackstone Avenue, 2 AM
- 100 blocks on East Grand Avenue, 2:45 am
- West North Avenue 100 blocks, 3am
- 1600 blocks on North Slope Street, 3:12 am
- 1600 blocks on West Belmont Avenue, 3:20 am
- 1600 blocks on West Irving Park Road, 3:30 am
- 4800 blocks on North Western Avenue, 3:44 am
- 1800 blocks on West Peterson Avenue, 3:50 am
- 500 blocks on West Roosevelt Road, 4:50 am
- 1400 block on South State Street, 5:35 am
- 200 blocks on East Lower Illinois Street, 6:15 am
- 300 blocks on East Ohio Street, 6:20 am
- 1100 block on West Van Buren Street, 6:30 am
According to police, the group of perpetrators consisted of 4-8 men, approximately 15-20 years old, armed with pistols and wearing dark hooded sweatshirts and masks.
“It makes me feel scared and unable to go out,” said Gloria Stuart, who lives in Chicago.
Stewart said he often walked from work to the West Loop target waiting for a bus at one of the crossroads struck by a group of robbers early Friday morning.
Police warn citizens to watch out for suspicious persons and vehicles, and call on anyone who may encounter a group to calmly avoid resistance and call 911 as soon as possible.
Suggest a fix
Warnings were issued throughout the city after 13 robbery cases occurred early Friday morning
Source link Warnings were issued throughout the city after 13 robbery cases occurred early Friday morning