Entertainment

Rod Stewart’s battery charging judicial deal failed | WGN Radio 720

Posted: Posted Has been updated:

File-Rod Stewart will be performing at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival on April 28, 2018. There was a judicial deal between Stewart and the Florida prosecutor to resolve the plea of ​​him and his adult son Sean abusing security guards at a New Year’s Eve party two years ago. fell. The pair is currently scheduled to be tried in January for a misdemeanor battery charge. (Photo courtesy of Amy Harris / Invision / AP, file)

West Palm Beach, Florida (AP) —A judicial deal between British rock icon Rod Stewart and Florida prosecutors was closed on Friday. Bash almost two years ago.

Neither Rod Stewart nor his son Sean were present when Judge August Bonavita announced that the expected closing hearing had been cancelled. The pair is currently scheduled to be tried on January 25th for a misdemeanor battery charge.

The deal was closed at least for the second time in this case, and was delayed by the coronavirus pandemic. Stewart faces a maximum sentence of one year in prison, but such a long period is unlikely.

Neither the prosecutor nor the defense lawyer Guy Fronstin immediately responded to phone calls and emails asking for comment.

According to police, Stewart was involved in a fight with security guard Jesse Dixon at the Breakers Hotel on December 31, 2019.

They said Stewart was part of a group that tried to attend a private event in the children’s area of ​​a luxury hotel, but was not allowed. According to police, the group, including the children, created the scene and never left.

Police reported that Dixon intervened and Sean Stewart, 41, appeared. Dixon told police officers to put the back of his right hand on the young Stewart’s chest and ask him to back it up. In the security video, Sean Stewart pushed Dixon and Rod Stewart, 76, and hit the ribs.

Originally from London, Rod Stewart is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. His biggest hits include “Maggie May” and “Do you think I’m sexy?” And “Tonight”. Queen Elizabeth II made him a knight in 2016.

Rod Stewart’s battery charging judicial deal failed | WGN Radio 720

Source link Rod Stewart’s battery charging judicial deal failed | WGN Radio 720

Related Articles

Back to top button