Cheyenne says another batch of mosquitoes tested positive West nile virus In the city, this time in the Sun Valley area.
This follows the city’s announcement that it was owned by a group of mosquitoes in North Cheyenne Community Park. It was positive earlier this summer.
The Cheyenne-Laramie County Health Department states that infected birds can carry the virus over long distances, so people in the city should take precautions against the virus.
•• Check all properties for items that can hold water. Children’s toys, buckets, pools, canoes, wheelbarrows, and other items stored outdoors should be turned inside out when not in use to prevent water from accumulating.
• Make a hole in the bottom of the recycling container and remove all discarded tires.
• Drain water from unused pools or spas, covers, or treat standing water with mosquito briquettes and post accordingly. Baking is available from the Health Department at 100 Central Ave Monday through Friday, but will end as soon as it is out of stock. To arrange a pickup, please call 307-633-4090 or send an email to envhlth @ laramiecounty.com.
• Cover the water storage containers (buckets, water tanks, tubs) tightly to prevent mosquitoes from entering to lay their eggs. For containers without a lid, use wire mesh with holes smaller than the adults.
• Use an outdoor flying insect spray where mosquitoes rest. Mosquitoes rest in dark, humid places, such as under patio furniture, carports and garages. Always follow the instructions on the label when using pesticides.
• Make sure the gutters are properly drained, vegetation and debris are removed from the edges of the pond, and leaf debris is removed from the yard or yard.
To reduce the risk of being bitten, use the 5D method by following these steps:
• Dusk and Dawn – Stay indoors when mosquitoes are more active.
• Dress – Cover up as completely as possible. Wear shoes and socks, long trousers, and long-sleeved shirts when you are outdoors for extended periods of time or when mosquitoes are active.
• Drainage-Drainage and / or removal reduces the amount of water that collects on or near the premises. Mosquitoes can spawn in areas of pooled water.
• DEET-Uses mosquito repellent. This should always be applied according to the instructions on the label. Do not use repellents for babies under 2 months of age. Children under the age of 3 should not use products containing lemon eucalyptus (OLE) or paramentandiol (PMD) oils.
It affects a very small number of people (1 in 150 according to the CDC)””It is a serious disease that affects the central nervous system, such as encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) and meningitis (inflammation of the membrane surrounding the brain and spinal cord). “
Number of America: From guns to ghost towns
Can you guess how many public schools there are in the United States? Do you have any clues as to how many millionaires live there? Please read and find out. And learn one or two things in the process, each of the cultural importance and heritage of these choices.
Read more: See the states where people live the longest
Read on to learn the life expectancy of each state.
More mosquitoes test positive for West Nile virus in Cheyenne
Source link More mosquitoes test positive for West Nile virus in Cheyenne