One-day film festivals feature face-to-face and streaming shows
– SummerFest, an activity of the Cambria Film Festival and the Cambria Center for the Arts (CCA), will return on Saturday, August 21st. Offering more than 12 feature and short films, the festival will feature all films live in the CCA Theater Space. Through the online streaming platform.
Summerfest focuses on movies made by locals, or movies made with local connections and themes. This year’s show includes both documentaries and a variety of authentic and comic short films. The highlights of the festival are:
- Trust Chloe, a short romantic comedy filmed and starred locally by Professor Todd Long of California State University.
- A letter from Marge, a short documentary about Morro Bay surfing pioneer Marge Calhoun.
- Firestorm 77, a full-length documentary about the 1977 Honda Canyon fire that threatened Vandenberg Air Force Base.
- A timely documentary about where water once stood, California and the challenges of water.
- Ripley’s favorite short film from the first year of the Cambria Film Festival.
- For the first time, local filmmaker John Levenson saw an ongoing film in the short film “Someone Will Help You Immediately.”
SummerFest will also bring back live parties. On Friday night, the festival will host a special meet and greet wine party with filmmakers and film fans. Held in the courtyard of the Garden Shed in Cumbria, the wines of the Kayu Cossellers will be on display.
With the VIP All Access Pass ($ 50), buyers can access all live shows and parties, as well as stream movies. Other ticket options include a streaming-only pass ($ 15) and individual tickets for specific screenings and parties. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit: www.cambriafilmfestival.com..
Online movies will be available for streaming from Friday night, August 20th to Monday, August 23rd. Guests can watch it on their smartphones, tablets, and computers at their convenience, or use popular apps such as Roku and Apple TV to show it on their TVs. , And Chromecast.
The full traditional Cambria Film Festival will take place from February 3rd to 6th, 2022. Hundreds of films dealing with romance, romantic comedy and the complexity of love have already been submitted to the contest. As in the past, the festival will show about 50-60 shorts and more than 10 feature films. This year, the festival will not only stream all films in virtual festivals, but will return to traditional live screenings and events.
Cambria Center for the Arts, hosting a mini film festival
Source link Cambria Center for the Arts, hosting a mini film festival