A database is an organized collection of structured, semi-structured, or unstructured data that simplifies the process of managing, accessing, retrieving, and updating data. Databases help store and organize large amounts of data, which improves data accessibility.
Overview of database management software
Database management system (DBMS) software acts as an interface between end users and databases, and is designed to allow users to create databases and store, manipulate, and manage data in their existing database environment. The DBMS software must provide the following features:
- Data security
- Access support from remote locations
- Manage users, roles and infrastructure
- Performance optimization to maintain and measure overall efficiency and responsiveness of queries, database structures, etc.
- Automatic script to perform database changes
- Data recovery support
- Schema maintenance
According to the survey, we 1 trillion MB of data daily!! It’s clear that companies need a secure and efficient data management system. This guide will help you find all the information you need to choose the database management software that best suits your needs.
How to choose DBMS software
When choosing database management software, you need to consider the following:
- Data model: You need to evaluate the structure of your corporate data. Do you use a relational database management system (RDBMS) or a NoSQL database system?
RDBMS applications store data in a structured format, while NoSQL is a non-relational database system that stores data in a structured, semi-structured, and unstructured format.
Given the long history of relational databases, a variety of RDBMS software is on the market, but NoSQL software is often available as open source. RDBMS databases are vertically scalable, but NoSQL databases give you more freedom to work with unstructured data.
2.2. Data consistency: It is important to maintain data integrity and define integrity rules. When choosing new database software, you need to keep in mind the ability to define these rules.
3.3. Data security: The DBMS software must provide strong database security. The ability to back up and restore databases and access protection and encryption is essential.
4.4. Multi-access and integration: The ability to allow multiple users to access the database at the same time is essential.
5.5. Scalability / efficiency: The enterprise DBMS software of your choice should be extensible to your needs.
6.6. Total cost of ownership (TCO): A clear overview of implementation and service costs will help you choose the right vendor.
Top database management system software
We have prepared a detailed review of each solution. Read on to discover everything you need to know about the best DBMS software.
With Microsoft SQL Server 2019, you can query and analyze structured and unstructured data with industry-leading security and performance. The integrated data platform comes with an integrated Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), Apache Spark, and analytic tools for intelligence of all your data.
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 brings machine learning (ML) to the database engine, improving security and speeding predictions. With industry-leading TCO, you can grow your business with confidence that your performance, availability, and security needs are covered.
- Use the built-in Apache Spark to query and analyze structured, unstructured, relational, and non-relational data.
- Easily manage your big data environment with SQL Server 2019 Big Data Clusters.
- Run SQL Server 2019 in a Windows or Linux container using Kubernetes.
- Take advantage of breakthrough performance and scalability to improve database response time and stability.
- It provides built-in features for data classification, monitoring and alerting, and data protection.
- Use SQL Server Reporting Services to make faster and better decisions.
- price: The 2-core pack for Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise Edition is priced at $ 13,748. The SQL Server 2019 Enterprise Edition 2-core pack add-on costs $ 5,434 per year.
MySQL Enterprise Edition is an RDBMS software with advanced management tools, features, and technical support that delivers a high level of MySQL security, reliability, scalability, and uptime. Database management software reduces the cost, complexity, and risk of deploying, managing, and developing business-critical MySQL applications.
- The package includes MySQL Database Services, Oracle MySQL Cloud Service, MySQL Enterprise Backup, MySQL Enterprise Scalability, MySQL Enterprise Firewall, MySQL Enterprise Security, MySQL Enterprise High Availability, MySQL Enterprise Encryption, Oracle Premier Support for MySQL and more.
- MySQL Database Service, a fully managed database service for deploying cloud-native applications, is built on top of MySQL Enterprise Edition. It comes with an integrated in-memory query accelerator called HeatWave that speeds up MySQL performance by a factor of 400.
The MySQL Database Service also provides self-healing replication clusters, native HA, native JSON support, performance schema, and platform interoperability.
- Oracle MySQL Cloud Service provides management tools for automating backup and recovery, provisioning, patching, monitoring and tuning. This service also helps increase business agility and reduce TCO.
- MySQL Enterprise Backup provides online backup of your database to reduce the risk of data loss.
- MySQL Enterprise Scalability helps meet the persistent scalability and performance requirements associated with ever-increasing user, query, and data loads.
- MySQL Enterprise Firewall provides real-time threat monitoring, blocks suspicious traffic, learns and builds whitelists, and provides transparent protection.
- price: MySQL Enterprise Edition is available for $ 5,000 per year.
Oracle Database 21c includes AutoML (AutoML), which incorporates advanced analytical and data mining capabilities with over 50 statistical features such as regression and classification.
- Oracle Database 21c is a cross-platform RDBMS software that provides high data availability (clustering), business intelligence, backup and recovery.
- AutoML helps streamline data access, reduce data latency, avoid memory limitation issues, improve performance, and limit security vulnerabilities by embedding ML in the database itself.
- Oracle Database 21c is an online transaction processing (OLTP), online analytical processing (OLAP), ML, Internet of Things (IoT), Streaming and blockchain workloads.
- Support for native binary JSON documents speeds up scan and update operations.
- Persistent memory (PMEM) support can improve the performance of I / O bound workloads.
- Sharding automation delivers hyperscale performance and availability.
- price: Oracle Database 21c is available with a free tier of Oracle Autonomous Database with limited CPU and storage capacity. The software will be more widely available in the second half of 2021, including on-premises.
MongoDB Enterprise Advanced is NoSQL software with the most complete support and the highest service level agreement (SLA) when you run MongoDB yourself.
Subscriptions include MongoDB Enterprise Server, advanced analytics and data visualization, comprehensive operational tools and security controls, on-demand training for teams, platform integration and certification.
- Extensive 24-hour consulting support, including suggestions on how to configure your system for high scalability and availability, performance optimization tips, and deployment plan validation.
- OpsManager and CloudManager provide a backup solution with full lifecycle management of MongoDB databases, automation of operational tasks, and point-in-time recovery.
- Kubernetes integration gives you complete control over your deployment from a single Kubernetes control plane. Deliver a consistent management and automation experience anywhere, from the cloud to your on-premises infrastructure.
- With MongoDB Advanced Security, you can detect, prevent, and control access to your database.
- The MongoDB in-memory storage engine provides predictable low latency and high throughput for workloads with severe response time SLAs.
- On-demand training at your convenience.
- price: Contact MongoDB for pricing details.
The IBM Db2 database on IBM Cloud Pak for Data is a flexible, enterprise-ready data management platform built on the AI-powered, scalable, and secure Red Hat OpenShift platform. Increase agility by running IBM Db2 on any cloud vendor, reduce costs with the multimodal capabilities of the solution that eliminates the need for migration and data replication, and gain insights with ML built into query processing. ..
- With the containerized version of Db2, IBM Db2 on IBM Cloud Pak for Data helps modernize data management and facilitate insights by increasing data while managing resources and costs.
- Choose a deployment model, such as IBM Cloud Pak for Data, Windows, Linux, Unix on-premises, cloud, or IBM Z on-premises.
- RDBMS software is enterprise-ready, developer-ready, cost-effective, resilient, and consumable.
- Database software can be flexibly scaled to up to 128 machines in hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
- The IBM Db2 database offers a high degree of protection, continuous availability, and automated management and tuning.
- The database management software supports multiple data types and languages such as JSON, NoSQL, pureXML, Graph, Java, .Net, Ruby Perl, and Python.
- price: Contact the IBM team for pricing information.
Database management system software comparison
The following is a comparison of DBMS software.
Meet the requirements
ease of use
Ease of setup
Ease of management
Ease of doing business with
Quality of service and support
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 is a comprehensive database management software that enables you to query and analyze structured and unstructured data. This solution meets the requirements and is very easy to manage. Nothing beats MySQL Enterprise Edition in terms of overall functionality, ease of use, ease of setup, and manageability.
Oracle Database 21c also meets the requirements, as well as current and future requirements. If you are looking for a NoSQL software solution, MongoDB Enterprise Advanced is the best option. MongoDB Enterprise Advanced provides the highest quality service and support.
Analyze each DBMS software solution and choose the one that best fits your business requirements.
Read next: Best Data Warehouse Software and Tools 2021
Best database management software 2021
Source link Best database management software 2021