All the modern gadgets, electronic devices, and complex embedded systems have a basis – everything starts with building a printed circuit board. For creating a splendid basis for your solution, you should make a thorough research and answer four vital questions:
- What countries do you plan to sell your product in?
- What industry is it intended to be used in?
- What functionality should the device and its printed circuit board have?
- What is your requirement for the final cost of your product?
All these details will help you choose appropriate components, reduce costs on the development as well as time for launching a product, and create a product that will bring great value to your business. Actually, the components selection stage can shake, break your product development or make it to become a success.
That is why it is important to select the PCB components carefully. Nowadays, the electronic components market swims with various chips, modules, amplifiers, sensors, and so on. Let’s explore the useful tips and steps for selecting the right components for your product’s PCB.
- Detailed requirements for the PCB functionality. The first step you should take is to define who will be the end-users, what functions your device should perform for them, and what working conditions your device should be able to function. The main goal here is to determine the components that will perfectly fit the design requirements.
- Functional system block diagram. So, now you know what your device will do and where it will be used and this is the time for visualizing your idea. The best way to help an engineer bring your project to life is a clear depiction of your system. A system block diagram provides an engineer with a full understanding of all the connections, features, and functions of your device.
- Choosing parts for matching circuit topologies. There is a “magic triangle” of three things that should fit each other: system block diagram + functionality + circuit topologies. The circuit topologies describe and perform the functions in function blocks. They play a crucial role in components selection as well since we should choose the PCB components that will fit into the circuit parameters and suit topological needs.
- The PCB cost and reliable supplier. Components cost depends on your business plans and your requirement for the final cost of your product. The cheaper components you use the lower your product will be in cost. The right supplier can help you choose the components that will make your PCB fully functional and your product cost-efficient. Besides, it’s better to focus on suppliers that use efficient Bill of Materials tools, customer services, and have a well-organized shipment process.
- Market and industry. These two global things also influence PCB components selection. You should know your market well and research the industry where your product will be used. This is a basis for the successful completion of the certification of your product. For example, if you have already decided on the countries and market you can choose pre-certified components.
These five tips can help you bring your product development to fruition and successful launching. Learn more about electronic design development services: https://www.integrasources.com/services/electronic-design-services/